MLC 2006 Declaration
STATEMENT OF COMPLIANCE WITH MARITIME LABOUR CONVENTION
The following points are emphasized in our operations:
- Flexbox Crewing does not employ seafarers who are younger than 18 years old.
- No fees or other charges for seafarer recruitment or placement or for employing seafarers are borne directly or indirectly, in whole or part.
- Costs of passport, national seaman’s book, health certificate, and STCW documents appropriate for the rank remain seafarer’s costs.
- Flexbox Crewing does not create lists or mechanisms intended to prevent or deter seafarers from gaining employment for which they are qualified.
- Seafarers are offered employment based on all available vacancies.
- The personal details of all seafarers are kept confidential with due regard to the right to privacy of the seafarer.
- Requests for information or advice by families of seafarers while the seafarers are at sea are dealt with promptly, sympathetically, and at no cost (see family contact form).
- The company makes sure that the seafarer will have a chance to read and get familiar with all conditions of the seafarer’s employment agreement before the seafarer’s employment agreement is signed.
- Flexbox Crewing has a complaint procedure in place for the handling of seafarer complaints. The seafarer complaint form shall be available on the company website (click here).
- Seafarers are informed of particular conditions and the particular Ship owner’s policies relating to their employment.
- The agency ensures that ship managers have the means to protect seafarers from being stranded in a foreign port, the ship manager, undertake to provide full with P&I Club seafarer on board from the time of their departure from the port of recruitment till their repatriation to their home port.
- Flexbox Crewing is contactable by phone in an emergency on a 24-hour basis
In case you have any questions or comments regarding our MLC certificate, crewing procedures or way of work, dont hesitate to contact us.