MLC 2006 Declaration
STATEMENT OF COMPLIANCE WITH MARITIME LABOUR CONVENTION
Following points are emphasized in our operations:
- Flexbox Crewing does not employ seafarers who are younger than 18 years old.
- No fees or any other charges for seafarer recruitment or placement or for providing employment to seafarer are borne directly or indirectly, in whole or part.
- Costs of passport, national seaman’s book, health certificate, STCW documents appropriate for the rank remain seafarer’s costs.
- Flexbox Crewing does not create lists or mechanisms intended to prevent or deter seafarers from gaining employment for which they are qualified.
- Seafarers are offered employment based on all available vacancies.
- Personal details of all seafarers are kept confidential with due regards to the right to privacy of the seafarer.
- Requests for information or advice by families of seafarer while the seafarers are at sea are dealt promptly, sympathetically and at no cost (see family contact form).
- Company makes sure that seafarer will have a chance to read and get familiar with all condition of seafarer employment agreement before seafarer’s employment agreement will be signed.
- Flexbox Crewing has a complaint procedure in place for handling of seafarer complaints. Seafarer complaint form shall be made available on company website (click here).
- Seafarers are informed of particular conditions and of the particular Ship owner’s policies relating to their employment.
- Agency makes sure that ship managers have the means to protect seafarers from being stranded in a foreign port, the ship manager, undertake to insure fully with P&I Club seafarer on board from the time of their departure from the port of recruitment till their repatriation to their home port.
- Flexbox Crewing is contactable by phone in an emergency on a 24-hour basis