Flexbox Crewing Payment terms
Last Updated: February 2023
The following terms (these “Payment Terms”) govern payments you receive from Flexbox Crewing by any of its entities or offices. Flexbox Crewing will be referred hereto as “Flexbox” “we” or “us”.
Please read these Payment Terms carefully before conducting business with us as a Subcontractor / Self-employed worker. By receiving payments for jobs as agreed upon in the Letter of Application and/or Agency agreement, you accept and agree, on behalf of yourself or on behalf of your employer or any other entity (if applicable), to be bound and abide by these Payment Terms. These Terms are supplemental to Flexbox’s General Terms & Conditions and Flexbox Terms & Conditions for Subcontracting, as applicable (collectively, the “Terms of Service”).
– Subcontractors / Self-employed workers are responsible for paying any direct or indirect taxes, including any social contributions, VAT or income tax, which may apply to them depending on residency, location or otherwise, under provisions of their jurisdiction. Taking on an assignment with Flexbox means that the Subcontractor / Self-employed worker represent and warrant that they comply, and will comply at all times, with their obligations under income tax provisions in their jurisdiction. The price shown on the Letter of Appointment e-mail, or agreed verbally or by writing is inclusive of all such taxes and charges that may apply to the Self-employed worker.
– Flexbox holds the right to withhold the final payment of an assignment to the Subcontractors / Self-employed worker till he/she has signed and agreed the Agency Agreement related to the assignment.
– Flexbox will only transfer to a bank account that carries the same name as the Subcontractor / Self-employed worker. If the Subcontractor / Self-employed worker demands the money to be transferred to an account in a different name, he/she will need to sign a form granting Flexbox permission to do so. Failing in providing a valid bank account will mean Flexbox will hold on to the money until a valid account is provided.
– As mentioned in our Terms & Conditions for Subcontracting and the Agency Agreement, Subcontractors / Self-employed workers are responsible for paying any direct or indirect taxes, including any social contributions, VAT, or income tax, which may apply to them depending on residency, location or otherwise, under provisions of their jurisdiction. Learn more about your situation as a Subcontractor / self-employed worker on our Subcontractor / Self-employed FAQ page.
– Flexbox always provides a Statement of Earnings with the Agency Agreement of each job a Subcontractor / Self-employed worker completes. These statements can be used to declare the earned revenues with the local tax authorities. When needed, Flexbox can also issue a yearly statement of earnings. An alternative is for self-employed workers is to issue invoices to Flexbox in order to declare their earned revenues to their local tax authorities. For more information read our Subcontractor / Self-employed FAQ page.
Disputes & Cancelations
– As mentioned in Article 8 of the Terms & Conditions for subcontractors, there are situations under which Flexbox has the right to cancel the collaboration and refrain from paying out (a part of) the compensation, even when the assignment has been fulfilled by the Subcontractor.
– As mentioned in Article 3 of the Terms & Conditions for subcontractors, it might happen that despite a verbal or written confirmation from Flexbox to the Subcontractor to start a certain assignment, the assignment is cancelled by the end-client and therefore terminated as a whole. Any prepayments made for this assignment will be deducted from the next assignment or requested to be paid back to Flexbox.
– Flexbox may make changes to these Payment Terms from time to time. When these changes are made, Flexbox will make a new copy of the terms available on this page.
– You understand and agree that if you start an agreement with Flexbox after the date on which the Payment Terms have changed, Flexbox will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Payment Terms.